To help students pursue unlimited potential; to support teachers for innovative and exemplary teaching; and to engage the community in assuring quality education for the leaders of tomorrow.
- Provide innovative teaching grants.
- Support programs targeted by district goals.
- Provide student/teacher recognition.
- Reinforce innovative programs.
- Implement advanced technology.
The Education Foundation is a non-profit, tax exempt 501(c)(3) public corporation operating independently under its own board of directors. The Foundation’s vision is enhancing education in Friendswood Independent School District.
Amended Jan. 12, 2017
How We Work
- By providing funds for educational programs and activities (targeted by district goals) that are under funded or not funded by the normal operating budget)
- By fostering creative approaches to education through private grants.
- By awarding funds through a volunteer Board of Directors committee made up of business, community and educational leaders.
- By increasing private community support for educational activities in FISD.
- Awarded funds annually to teachers and campuses in FISD since its establishment in 1999.
- Established an Endowment Fund now totaling more than $1,222,439 to assure the financial security of the foundation.
- Awarded grants totaling over $186,000 in 2017/2018.
- Total grant distribution since inception: $1,685,505
- 2018 #1 Best School District in Galveston County
- 2018 #3 Best School District in Houston Metro
- Top 400 Best School Districts in America (National Council for Home Safety & Security)
- #14 Best School Districts in Texas (National Council for Home Safety & Security)
- #1 School District with college-bound students in Houston area (Houston Chronicle)
- Highest Fiscal Accountability Award
- National Level competitors in art,cheerleaders, FJHS student council, FJHS UIL Academics, Science&Engineering Fair, Wranglerettes, Cyber Security, SkillsUSA, FFA Cattle Team member, Speech&Debate, Acadmeic Decathalon, Theartre Design, Family Careers
- Perfect Score – AP Computer Science student
- Superintendent Roher named Friendswood Chamber of Commerec Citizen of the Year
- FHS Named 2018 National Performing Arts School of Excellence (National Federation of High School Association)