To help students pursue unlimited potential; to support teachers for innovative and exemplary teaching; and to engage the community in assuring quality education for the leaders of tomorrow.
- Provide innovative teaching grants.
- Support programs targeted by district goals.
- Provide student/teacher recognition.
- Reinforce innovative programs.
- Implement advanced technology.
The Education Foundation is a non-profit, tax exempt 501(c)(3) public corporation operating independently under its own board of directors. The Foundation’s vision is enhancing education in Friendswood Independent School District.
Amended Jan. 12, 2017
How We Work
- By providing funds for educational programs and activities (targeted by district goals) that are under funded or not funded by the normal operating budget)
- By fostering creative approaches to education through private grants.
- By awarding funds through a volunteer Board of Directors committee made up of business, community and educational leaders.
- By increasing private community support for educational activities in FISD.
- Awarded funds annually to teachers and campuses in FISD since its establishment in 1999.
- Established an Endowment Fund now totaling more than $1,222,439 to assure the financial security of the foundation.
- Awarded grants totaling over $187,000 in 2016/2017.
- Total grant distribution since inception: $1,499,504.84
- Rated Exemplary for Community and Student Engagement
- District rated the highest rating given by the Texas Education Association (TEA).
- District test scores highest in Galveston County, the Greater Houston Metroplex and usually in the Region IV area with 50+ school districts.
- District won state’s highest Fiscal Accountability Award.
- District rated as Met Standard, the highest rating given by the Texas Education Association (TEA).
- Character Education since 1987 with Westwood Bales named first State and National School of Character.
- National level competitors in contests for art, German, forensics, business, computer science, cheerleaders, Wranglerettes & Color Guard, science fair, robotics, and Career Tech organizations.
- 9% of Senior Class qualified for National Merit Program
- Lone Star Cup recipient three times (2014, 2010, and 2009).