The Friendswood ISD Education Foundation was created to support the educational programs for both the students and staff of the Friendswood Independent School District. Funds will be used to facilitate student achievement and skill development, to recognize and encourage staff excellence, and to expand community involvement from individuals, businesses and civic organizations. Video
The mission of the Friendswood ISD Education Foundation is to: provide effective opportunities for all students to pursue unlimited potential; to attract, support and recognize teachers for innovative efforts and exemplary teaching; and to engage the community in assuring a quality education for our leaders of tomorrow.
- Provide innovative teaching grants.
- Support programs targeted by district goals.
- Provide student/teacher recognition.
- Reinforce innovative programs.
- Implement advanced technology.
How We Work:
- By providing funds for educational programs and activities (targeted by district goals) that are under funded or not funded by the normal operating budget)
- By fostering creative approaches to education through private grants.
- By awarding funds through a volunteer Board of Directors committee made up of business, community and educational leaders.
- By increasing private community support for educational activities in FISD.
- Awarded more than $1 MILLION to teachers and campuses in FISD since its establishment.
- Established an Endowment Fund now totaling more than $1 million to assure the financial security of the foundation.
- Awarded grants totaling over $162,000 in 2013/2014.
- Worked with community partners to host teacher/staff Welcome to the District.
The Education Foundation is a non-profit, tax exempt 501(c)(3) public corporation operating independently under its own board of directors. The Foundation’s vision is enhancing education in Friendswood Independent School District. Contact: Karolyn @[email protected]
Friendswood ISD Education Foundation Bylaws: Amended June 3, 2011
- District remains Exemplary, Texas Education Association.
- One of highest performing districts in the state in Academic Gold Performance Acknowledgements.
- Ranked top 10 in medium size school category for State Academic Decathlon.
- State UIL Academic Champion.
- Top 10 in Houston area high schools (Houston Press).
- Most Efficient School District (Texas Public Policy Foundation).
- Westwood Elementary named National School of Character by the Character Education Partnership (CEP) and first State School of Character winner.
- Award winning Engineering/HOSA programs/Performing Art Band & ChoirAward winning Robotics